Some of my Windows TipsSome of my Windows Tips, that i think i should share.
1. To lock computer(XP) pronto
Answer: Win Key + L
2. To go to System properties page( In Windows 98, it would bring Device manager window)
Answer: Win Key + Pause Break
3. To check, directx version
Answer: Start-->run--> type without quotes " dxdiag"
4. You need to flush DNS cache, when you are downloading from sites like rapidshare else you've to wait for hours to get next download as a free user.
a. Start --->run---> type "cmd" without quotes
b.type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes
5. Usually, it's impossible to see filename/folder icon actually without name. But i can do that. I mean i can change (for eg.) 'My Computer's name in desktop to 'nothing'(a file without a name). Can you do that?? Try it for yourself!! Try renaming the name of files/icons to 'nothing' which means type nothing. (Answer inside)
Answer: Rename,type "alt key + 0160" and enter
Well, these above are my very own tips. If one is needing more tips. Then i've a very good resource of tips which exceeds more than 300 such do-it-yourself tips. Click here for more tips