Own a Netbook? Make bootable USB Pen Drive to restore everything up
Netbook craze is growing. The only problem as they think is the absence of the optical drive. If harddrive fails, normal user has a very hard time re-loading operating system on it. This article is the alternative to buying external Optical drive. Instead, installing brand new Operating System off of a Pen drive is what this post is all about.
What do you need?
1. First of all, you'll need a PC with CD/ROM.
2. Windows CD/DVD
3. At least, 2 GB pen drive, but I recommend Kingston DataTraveler I - 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DTI/4GB
4. Download 'WinToFlash'.
Back to work:
1. Open up the program, then click the 'Windows Setup Transfer Wizard' and click 'Next'.
3. Click Next, Accept the 'License Agreement', Click 'Ok' or whatever comes accept it.
4. A warning message will pop up confirming complete wipeout of the pen drive's old data. Simply accept that.
That's it. Takes some time and whole windows will be on your new bootable USB pen drive.
Next up, upgrade your netbook hard drive, set bootable device to USB from within the bios, insert your Windows Bootable pen drive and reload the new OS onto it without spending a buck on extra optical drive.