Killer InternetInternet brought boon, as well as curse for some who died or is suffering.
A list of deaths that the use of internet has caused.
* 1996: Sharon Lopatka, an internet entrepreneur from Maryland allegedly solicited a man via the Internet to torture and kill her for the purpose of sexual gratification. Her killer, Robert Fredrick Glass, was convicted of voluntary manslaughter for the homicide.
* 2003: Brandon Vedas died of a drug overdose while engaged in an Internet chat, as shown on his webcam.
* 2003: A Girl in Kathmandu(NEPAL) brutally stabbed by a stalker whom she met online and started dating.
* 2005: 28-year-old South Korean, Lee Seung Seop, collapsed of fatigue and died after playing Starcraft for almost 50 consecutive hours in an Internet cafe.
* 2005: 17-year-old teenager, Joshua Anson commits suicide after posting a suicide notice on his myspace page.
* 2007: Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman from Sacramento, died of water intoxication while trying to win a Wii console in a KDND 107.9 “The End” radio station’s “Hold Your Wee for a Wii” contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating. She placed second in the contest.
* 2007: Kevin Whitrick, a 42-year-old man committed suicide by hanging himself live on a webcam during an internet chat session.
* 2007: A 30 year old Chinese man died of exhaustion after playing online games for 3 days nonstop
and if you think carefully and try to stand on musicians or movie directors shoe, Internet killed them too. That's how they think. Lots of music and movie sharing online is making them loose big share on the market.